When I ordered this menu in a resteurant in Mumbai by the suggestion of a waiter...I had no idea about the taste, OMG! What a taste!...creamy,spicy, sweet & sour mix & match...basically everything you could get for your palette in this excellent Thai dish. I wanted to cook it at home and I tried several times to get it just right.
5 Kashmiri Red Chilli (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes),
1 Onion (finely chopped),
1/2 tsp garlic paste,
1/2 tsp ginger paste,
1 tsp coriander powder,
1 tsp cumin powder,
1/2 tsp black pepper powder,
2 tbsp Thai Red curry Paste,
2 tbsp fresh lime juice,
salt to taste BUY HERE : https://amzn.to/2u2jJVM
7-8 Baby Corn (grated),
2 small Brinjal ( cut into small pieces),
1 small Cauliflower / Broccoli ( grated into small pieces),
7-8 mushroom (divide into two pieces)
2 1/2 cup canned coconut milk,
1/2 tsp soya sauce,
Fresh Coriander leaves (chopped),
Oil BUY HERE: https://amzn.to/2u2jJVM
1) Grind kashmiri red chilli to make a paste.
2) Heat oil in a pan. Fry brinjal and cauliflower filet until golden brown colour. Take it in a bowl and keep aside.
3) Again heat oil in a pan. Add cinnamon, cardamom & cloves in the oil. Add finely chopped onions and a sprinkle of salt and cook until the onion has softened, near about 4-5 minutes.
4) Then add ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
5) Add kashmiri red chilli paste, black pepper powder, sugar and stir well for 3 minutes.
6) Add fried vegetables, grated baby corn, mushroom. Stirring occasionally. Now add thai red curry paste and cook for 2 minutes.
7) Slowly pour coconut milk and then season with the sugar, 1 tbsp lime juice and soy sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and the curry thickens.
8) Remove the pan from the heat and season with the remaining lime juice. Add salt to taste.
9) Take the red curry in a bowl and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with jasmine rice.