Isn't it little bit boring to eat regular cauliflower curry all the time?...Why don't we change the flavor by cooking cauliflower florets in rich curd and tomato puree based gravy? ...Let us try... Ummm...its really amazing guys...a very subtle aroma with awasm taste.
1 medium size Cauliflower,
Curd 1/2 cup,
4 onions (paste),
Fresh Cream 2 tbsp,
Tomato puree 1/2 cup,
2 Bay leaves,
1/2 tsp Panch foron,
1 tbsp Coriander powder,
1 tbsp Cumin powder,
2 tsp Chilli powder,
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder,
small piece of cinnamon,
Garam masala powder ( powdered cardamom, cinnamon, cloves),
6 green chilli (chopped),
1 tsp Ginger paste,
1 tsp Garlic paste,
salt to taste,
1/2 tsp sugar,
Fresh Coriander leaves (chopped)
BUY HERE: https://amzn.to/2u2jJVM
1) Cut the cauliflower into big florets and soak the florets into salt-water with a pinch of turmeric powder for 10 minutes. Then drain water and keep them aside in a bowl.
2) Pour the curd in a mixer. Add some water. Beat the curd to make it smooth. Keep aside.
3) Soak the cashew nuts into water for 10 minutes. Then grind them to make a smooth paste. keep the paste in a bowl.
4) Heat oil in a pan. Fry the florets for 2 minutes but be careful they do not change the colour into brown. Take Them in a bowl and keep aside for later use.
5) Again heat oil in a deep bottom pan. Add bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, green chillies and panch foron and saute until it releases beautiful aroma.
6) Add onion paste in oil and fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add ginger garlic paste and pinch of salt. Cook until it leaving oil from the sides and stirring continuously over low flame.
7) Now add coriander powder, cumin powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Saute for 2 minutes.
8) Add fried cauliflower florets and tomato puree and stir it to mix well with the spices. Cook for 1 minute.
9) Pour the beaten curd and some water in it. Add sugar. Then cover the pan with a lid. Cook over low flame for 10 minutes or until the cauliflowers become cooked well and the gravy becomes concentrated.
10) When the curry is cooked turn off the flame and add fresh cream, 2 tsp ghee and garam masala powder. Mix well with a spatula. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot with puri, roti, paratha, nun, kulcha etc.