Dal Puri is one of the most popular breakfast among north Indians...These deep fried puris are the awesome combination of all purpose flour(maida), moong dal and spices.
500 gm Maida,
1 tsp ghee,
100 gm moong dal (soaked for 5 hours),
1 tablespoon ginger paste,
2 cloves garlic paste,
2 green chili paste,
1/2 tsp cumin powder,
1/8 tsp asafetida (hing),
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp,
Salt to taste,
Fresh coriander leaves 2 tbsp,
Buy Here: https://amzn.to/2MWextB
1) Mix maida, salt and ghee in a bowl. Add water to make a smooth dough. Cover the dough and keep aside for fifteen minutes.
2) Drain the excess water from soaked moong daal and put it in in a grinder.
3) Add all the ingredients (ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilli paste,cumin powder, coriander powder,salt) into the grinder and grind them all into smooth paste.
4) Heat ghee in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add asafetida (hing) into the oil. Then add dal paste and keep stirring. Sauté for 2/3 minutes.
5) Turn off the flame and let it cool down.
6) Divide the maida dough into equal sized balls.
7)Flatten one of the ball into small circle. Place a little of the dal mix in the centre.
8)Bring all the edges together to seal the stuffing well.
9)Now roll out into small puris using dry maida.
10) Slide the puris into hot ghee. Deep fry till golden.
Serve hot with any side dish of sabji.
Serving Size: 1(87g)
Total Fat 2.6g 4%
Saturated Fat 0.4g 2%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.3g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 42.8g
Dietary Fiber 7g
*Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. It may be higher or lower depending on individual's calorie needs.