I wanted to do something new in my sister's birthday...I thought whole night... but all in vein. Suddenly I saw apples in the fruit basket... awww ! Why not apple kheer! Its so delicious that everybody loves it.
Milk 1 litre (full fat preferable),
khoya (mawa) 50 gm,
3 tbsp Condensed milk,
Green cardamom 5-6,
1 large Apple (grated),
Almond 6-8 (chopped),
Cashew nuts 6-8 (chopped),
Grated coconut 1/2 cup
Buy Here: https://amzn.to/2u2jJVM
1) Grind grated apple till smooth. Take it in a bowl and keep separate.
2) Again put grated coconut in the grinder and grind till smooth. Keep it aside.
3) Boil the milk in a heavy pan over low flame. Stir continuously to prevent burning. Cook till it reduces 3/4 th of its original quantity.
4) Heat 2 tsp ghee in another heavy bottom pan. Add cardamom and roast chopped almonds and cashew in it until light golden brown.
5) Add thick boiled milk into thiS ghee. Stir well to mix cashew and almond with the milk.
6) Add khoya kheer, apple paste and condensed milk. Stir continously and cook for 10 minutes till the amount of milk decreases enough.
7) Now add coconut paste and stir well. Cook for 2 minutes and turn off the flame. Leave it to cool completely.
Garnish with pistachios and grated cashew nuts. Refrigerate it for 1 hour and serve cool to to taste yummy.
Serving Size: 1 serving
Total Fat 0.8 g
Saturated Fat 0.3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 153.2 mg
Potassium 189.6 mg
Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
Sugars 7.5 g
*Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. It may be higher or lower depending on individual's calorie needs.