The Sponge cake with fresh fruit is so beautiful and elegant to taste that it can make any occasion extra special. Just try it out !
1 cup Sugar,
1 tsp Vanila extract,
1 cup cake flour,
1 tsp Baking powder,
1 tin fresh Cream,
3/4 tsp Cream of tartar
3/4 tsp orange/pineapple juice
1 kiwi fruit, 8 strawberries, 1 mango
1) Take a bowl and a whisk for whipping the cream. Refrigerate the whipping cream for later use.
2) Separate the egg yolks and egg white in two separate bowls.
3) Add the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and beat for a minute. Keep aside.
4) In another bowl beat the egg whites using a whisk till its foamy. Add cream of tartar and continue beating for 5 minutes.
5) Add vanilla extract, oil and pineapple/orange juice to the egg yolk bowl and stir it till the ingredients mix well.
6) Now add cake flour and baking powder to this mixture and beating continuously until form stiff peaks.
7) Mix the whipped egg white with this flour batter and whisk to make a even paste.
8) Take butter in the baking tray and spread it well. Now Pour the cake mix in the tray and bake for 25-30 mins at 160 degree temperature. Insert a tooth pick in the center to test whether it is ready or not. If it comes out clean that means cake is ready. Let the cake cool down completely after you take it out from the oven
9)Finely chopped the fruits for filling. Mix the fruit pieces with the chilled whipped cream.
10) Slice each cake using a knife. Spread the layer of fruit-cream on the top of cake slice and repeat this with the next two layers of cake. Decorate the top most layer with some whipped cream and chopped fruits.
Your yummy sponge cake with fresh fruit is ready to serve.