Same chicken curry recipe !!!... It's so boring !... Want to prepare chicken in another style? Try this Haiderabadi chicken bharta recipe. It's delicious with its smooth creamy texture and flavors.
1 kg boneless Chicken,
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste,
1/2 cup cashew nut paste,
1 tbsp Fenugreek leaves (chopped),
2 Onion (finely chopped),
2 Tomatoes (finely chopped),
1 tsp chilli powder,
cardamom, cinnamon and cloves ( dry paste ),
1 cup chopped coriander leaves,
2-3 chopped Green chillies,
1) Cut boneless chicken pieces into thin strips.
2) Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot add cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Add chopped onion and sauté for 1 min or two. Add ginger-garlic paste.
3) Add finely chopped tomatoes. Continue cooking until tomato is softened.
4) Add fenugreek leaves and chilli powder and salt. Mix well. Add water and cook till oil separates from masala. Add chicken pieces and coat nicely with masala.
5) Add water as required and cook till chicken is half done. Once chicken is tender add cashew paste. Use water if required. Cover the pan and simmer until chicken is done. Cook till oil floats on top. Add some butter.
6) Finally garnish with some chopped fresh coriander leaves and green chillies on top and serve hot with Naan, Kulcha or Biryani or Pulao or Lachha Paratha. Chicken Bharta tastes delicious with any roti or rice item.
Serving Size: 1 cup(249g grams)
Total Fat 19g
Saturated Fat 4.3g
Trans Fat 0.1g
Total Carbohydrates 14g
Dietary Fiber 2.2g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.