Coconut chicken curry is a delicious recipe with a flavour of coconut. It is easy to make and so tasty even kids love it.
1 kg chicken,
40 g turmeric powder,
25 g chilli powder,
2 medium sized onion (chopped),
75 g ginger,
50 g garlic,
crushed black pepper,
1 tbsp vinegar,
50 g cumin seeds,
50 g coriander powder,
1 bay leaf,
green cardamom, cinnamon, 7-8 cloves,
1 coconut (grated), (instead you can take ready made 1 can coconut milk)
METHOD TO COOK:
1) Wash the chicken. Marinate it with ginger-garlic paste, crushed black pepper, 1 tbsp of vinegar, turmeric powder, chilli powder, 1 tbsp oil. Cover it and refrigerated for 20 minutes.
2) Heat oil in a pan. Add 2tbsp ghee. Add half tsp cumin seedsm 2 red chilli, 1 bay leaf. Add half inch stick of cinnamon, cloves and cardamom.
3) Add chopped onions in the oil. Stir to mix it. Add curry leaves and salt. Saute it till onion is half cooked and it turns light golden.
4) Now add marinated chickens to it. Stir to mix it. Add coriander powder. saute it. cover to cook for 20 minutes.
5) Take the grated coconut in a blender jar. Ad 1 cup of water and blend on high till coconut is ground well to make coconut milk. You can take readymade 1 can coconut milk instead.
6)Add coconut milk slowly into the chicken. Stir well. Cook it for 10 minutes in a low flame. When chicken is completely boiled, turn off the flame.
Now coconut chicken curry is ready to be served hot.
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated 12 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g
Monounsaturated 0 g
Total Carbs 24 g
Dietary Fiber 5 g
Sugars 11 g
Trans 0 g
Protein 38 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
Sodium 769 mg
Potassium 0 mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.