Chingri Malai Curry recipe is a bengali delicacy. From time immemorial this delicious recipe is famous around the world and has remained a constant companion of every bengali meal.
Giant Prawn 1 kg,
Middle sized Onion 2 ( chopped ),
Onion 2 (pasted ),
1tbsp ginger paste,
2 Bay leaves,
2 Cinnamon sticks,
1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder,
Coconut 1 (grated),
Sugar & Salt,
Mustard oil, Ghee
1) Remove the prawn shells and pull out the black coloured veins from the back .Wash prawns with water. Add pinch of salt and keep aside.
2) Method of making coconut milk-:
Take the grated coconut in a blender. Add 1 cup of water and blend till the coconut is ground well. Strain in a fine seive and collect the first extract in a bowl. This is the thick coconut milk.
Put back the coconut residue into the blender jar. Add 1 cup of water and blend again. Strain it and collect in a bowl. This is the thin coconut milk.
3) Heat oil in a pan. Add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and bay leaves. Add chopped onions. Fry it till it turns light brown. Then add onion paste, ginger paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Cook it until the oil separates from the dish.
4) Add prawns. Mix it with the spices. Saute it for 5 minutes. Add thin milk of coconut. Add sugar and salt. Stir well and cook in a low flame for 10 minutes.
5) When water dries up add thick coconut milk. Cover it and cook for 5 minutes. Add 1 tbsp ghee and garam masala powder at the end and turn off the flame.
Prawn Malaikari is ready to serve. Try it with hot rice, polao, fried rice.
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated 0 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g
Monounsaturated 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Trans 0 g
Protein 11 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Potassium 0 mg
Total Carbs 2 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.