Caramel custard is a very popular delicious traditional dessert with a layer of soft creamy caramel on top... Its my favourite and what about you?
INGREDIENTS: (For 6 persons)
1/4th cup+ 3 big tbsp Sugar,
3 cup Milk,
1/2 tbsp Vanila essence,
1 1/2 cup + 3 big tbsp Water
Buy Here: https://amzn.to/2KAaVwE
1) Add 3 big tbsp sugar and 3 big tbsp water in a heavy 1-quart saucepan and heat the pan over low heat. stirring continuously until sugar is melted . When the sugar syrup becomes comcentrated, sticky and turns golden brown, turn off the flame.
2)Pour this sugar syrup in eight 6-oz. custard cups and spread it thoroughly inside the cup by tilting the cups. Keep aside for 10 minutes till it hardens.
3) Mix eggs, vanila essence and the remaining sugar (1/4th cup) in a bowl. Pour this mixture in hot milk (slight hot) slowly. Beat tthe mixture to make it smooth but not foamy.
4) Pour this mixture over sugar syrup in the caramel cups and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Make Custard USING MICROWAVE
1) Place the cups in square baking pans. Pour boiling water into the pans within 1 inch of tops of cups.
2) Bake at 350° in the oven for 40-45 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
3) Remove cups from water. Cool and refrigerate up to 48 hours.
Make Custard USING PRESSURE COOKER
1) close the caramel cups with aluminium foil or griz proof paper.
2) Pour 1 1/2 cup water in the cooker. Place grid into the water and put the cups over the grid for steaming.
3) Close the pressure cooker and cook without the pressure for about 20 minutes over low flame..
4)Turn off the flame and let the cooker to be cool.
5)Remove cups from water. Cool and refrigerate up to 48 hours.
Use a knife loosen side of custard. Place dessert dish on top of cup and shake cup gently to loosen custard.
Amount Per 100 grams
Total Fat 4g
Saturated fat 1.8g
Polyunsaturated fat 0.4g
Monounsaturated fat 1.3g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
*Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. It may be higher or lower depending on individual's calorie needs.